This is what’s been up lately..
Let’s begin with the radiator
It was a fairly easy job. I used a standard Behr-radiator that came along with the 300D-engine. Has an transmission oil cooler in the bottom. The Behr is a bit narrower than the original ’68 radiator so I created simple mountings that holds it firmly in place, shown here:
Then the exhaust system
The front part came also along with the engine and fitted surprisingly well. Okay there wasn’t much marginals between the steering linkage but it did go in. Everything after the foremost part was the old pipe from the W110.
Here’s the front part
The oil filter relocation is also done
Here’s the completed oil filter plate adaptor
(Thanks to Conny for some fabulous welding!)
The small pipe in the bottom is for the oil pressure line. This normally comes out of the filter housing but not anymore on this engine..
Finally a word about the shift stick linkage
A pretty straight forward job, there was a clear path from the shifter levers down to the transmission, so all I did was make up an appropriate lengt rod with connectors at each end. Missed to take a picture of this and it’s useless to shoot one now, but if you ever find yourself doing this same job you’ll find the job a piece of cake.
I have to relocate the battery to somewhere else, this is what I had in mind. Inspired by the later models.
It’s the rusty plate with traces of blue in the picture. Fits in to that space, just have to fabricate something that attaches it to the chassis. This is a job for another day though.
That’s all for now.